NO RESERVE AUCTION: Incredibly restored, the Belle Alliance Estate is everything you’d imagine from a classic antebellum manor. Originally designed by Louisiana’s architect, Henry Howard in 1846. Designed to make the most of the outdoor spaces, the home features approximately 5,000 sf of loggia and terrace space. Updated to include the necessities like moisture controlling air condition system, a ballroom that doubles as a recording studio, and a hidden elevator shaft. Unrestricted use means this house could be an inn, restaurant, or home-based business. Currently arranged with 6 beds/5 baths/10.5± acres. Large property along Bayou LaFourche creates an incredibly private backyard. Semi-finished spaces could be converted to studio, guest suite, wine grotto, and more. Cheerfully restored to create comfortable and elegant spaces, this luxurious property can be yours at our auction without reserve.
Highlights of this custom home include:
- Main residence 9827 sq. ft.
- 6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 23 rooms
- 10.5 acres along Bayou LaFourche
- 5,000 sq. ft. expansive outdoor living space
- About an hour from both New Orleans and Baton Rouge
- 18 fireplaces
- Modern HVAC systems including moisture control system
- Original 9′ skylight
- Loggia surrounded by rooms which could be studio, kitchen prep, guest or caretaker suite, wine grotto
- Cobalt blue ballroom with gold ceiling doubles as recording studio
- Office with custom closet
- Master Suite includes Moroccan tile accents in the bath
- Chandeliers with electric winch to lower for cleaning
- Gated drive
- Security system
- Unrestricted usage means house could be converted to many uses
- Unprotected historical property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, but may be modified
- Originally designed by famed architect Henry Howard in classic Greek Revival style with a raised entry, five bays, and large denticulated molding above the entry
Listed by: The Martzolf Group & Heritage Auctions
List Price: $1,995,000
Click here for more details.